We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of "frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law, Procedure and Policy". In our October edition, we summarise more than 35 developments in the environmental, safety and health sector. Some of the top stories this month include:
- The Health and Safety Executive announcing that it is to target the construction industry to assess its respiratory risks and occupational lung disease prevention measures
- An Environment Agency report that shows how the Proceeds of Crime Act can be used to deal with corporate offences
- A European Parliament resolution on potential uses for blockchain and other distributed ledger technology
- The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) confirming it will not appeal the Court of Appeal decision in Serious Fraud Office v. Eurasian Natural Resources Corp Ltd
- The SFO releasing a draft review of and recommendations for improvements to meat processing practices
For more detailed information on these developments, as well as access to the remaining summaries, make sure you download a copy from our website.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.