1) Introducing the concept of bad faith, which is now one of the grounds for the following:
- Rejecting a trademark application.
- Punishing trademark applicant and/or agent, including punishment by court due to starting litigation.
- Opposing a trademark application.
- Invalidating a registered trademark.
2) Perfecting remedies against trademark infringement as below:
- Increasing multiples of license fee to "1 to 5 times". [Note: from "1 to 3 times"]
- Increasing the cap of statutory damage RMB 5 million. [Note: from RMB 3 million]
- Trademark owner could request a court to destroy products that infringed a registered trademark, and materials and tools for manufacturing the infringing products.
- Products that infringed a registered trademark are not allowed to enter commercial channel merely after removing the infringing registered trademark.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.