In enterprise blockchain news this week, the National Pork Board and Ripe Technology announced they are partnering to create a platform for pork producers to monitor and evaluate sustainability, then use that data to improve their practices. Some of the data recorded on chain is expected to be visible to ecosystem partners so they can validate certifications. Ripe Technology is a startup that aims to increase transparency and integrity of information across the food supply chain.
The Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) announced that it approved its first official data format specification. This year, the alliance plans to continue creating open blockchain standards for and by the transportation industry, so they can move toward tracking shipments in real time. By laying down the standards groundwork, BiTA intends to eventually phase out legacy EDI systems and replace them with blockchain-based solutions.
According to reports, one of the world's largest technology firms teamed up with the French National Council of Clerks of Commercial Courts and successfully developed a blockchain-based solution that will be used by clerks in commercial courts across France. The technology, built on Hyperledger Fabric, manages legal transactions related to the company life cycle – including regulatory information and corporate name changes – in order to increase transparency and efficiency.
Denver, Colorado, is the latest city to plan a trialing a blockchain-based application for voting. In its May municipal election, voters who may not be able to get to the polls, such as active-duty military and overseas voters, will be able to submit their ballot through a blockchain-based mobile app designed by Voatz.
Clause, the smart contract platform built for blockchain, announced that it has extended its integration with a popular legal tech provider, DocuSign. When users sign an agreement in DocuSign, Clause allows for other events to be triggered by the fact that the document has been executed. In the coming months, Clause intends to move toward paid plans for its clients.
For more information, please check out the following links:
- National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Enhance Responsible Pig Farming Practices Through Blockchain
- BiTA blockchain standards bring the industry closer to seamless shipment tracking
- Blockchain Standard Approved to Create Supply Chain Efficiency
- French National Council of Clerks of Commercial Courts announce the deployment of a blockchain network developed by IBM, to streamline the management of commercial and corporate registry
- Blockchain Mobile Voting is coming to Denver Municipal Elections
- DocuSign Can Now Trigger Clause Smart Contracts, Co. Preps For Paid Clients
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.