The Cabinet Regulatory Tracker provides a list of upcoming effective dates, comment deadlines and compliance dates. Click on the links below to view deadlines that fall between February 16 and February 28, 2017.
For continuous real-time updates, please consult the Cadwalader Cabinet Regulatory Calendar.
- February 21: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") amendments to implement provisions of the Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act that pertain to the designation, protection and sharing of Critical Electric Infrastructure Information.
- February 21: FERC revisions to its regulations that address incremental energy offer caps.
- February 27: MSRB proposal to establish fees related to the MSRB Academic Historical Transaction Data Product.
- February 17: MSRB draft amendments to promote a uniform customer account transfer standard for all brokers, dealers, municipal securities brokers and municipal securities dealers.
- February 17: MSRB request for applicants for five positions on its Board of Directors.
- February 20: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System ("FRB") proposal to adopt risk-based capital and other regulatory requirements for the activities of financial holding companies related to physical commodities and risk-based capital requirements for merchant banking investments.
- February 21: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency ("OCC") amendments to regulations governing the disclosure of information pursuant to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") to reflect changes to the FOIA made by the FOIA Improvement Act of 2016 and the OPEN FOIA Act of 2009, and to make other technical changes that update the OCC's FOIA regulations.
- February 27: FDIC proposal that would amend its regulations regarding the Recordkeeping Requirements for Qualified Financial Contracts, which require an insured depository institution in a troubled condition to keep records relating to qualified financial contracts to which it is a party.
- February 27: FRB interim final rule to amend its regulations for processing requests under the FOIA pursuant to the FOIA Improvement Act of 2016.
- February 28: CFTC reproposal that would amend regulations concerning speculative position limit requirements to conform to Dodd-Frank amendments to the Commodity Exchange Act.
- February 28: FERC proposal that would revise its regulations to require each regional transmission organization and independent system operator to incorporate market rules that meet certain requirements when pricing fast-start resources.
- February 16: Compliance date in connection with the MSRB amendments to mandate that inter-dealer failed transactions be closed out.
- February 20: CFTC final rules amending its current system safeguards rules for designated contract markets, swap execution facilities, and swap data repositories, by enhancing and clarifying current provisions relating to system safeguards risk analysis and oversight and cybersecurity testing, and adding new provisions concerning certain aspects of cybersecurity testing.
- February 20: FINRA phase 1 of resetting synchronization tolerances for National Market System and OTC computer clocks.
- February 21: SEC amendments to address the application of the de minimis exception to security-based swap transactions that are connected with a non-U.S. person's security-based swap dealing activity, and are arranged, negotiated, or executed by the personnel of such person located in a U.S. branch or office, or by the personnel of such person's agent, located in a U.S. branch or office.
- February 24: FINRA Monthly and Fifth FOCUS Part II/IIA filing deadline for the period ending on January 31, 2017.
- February 27: The FINRA Academic Corporate Bond TRACE Data product will be made available and will be subject to a fee.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.