In light of the pandemic, on 12th May 2020, the Intellectual Property Appellate Board released an official order with regards to the e-filing of cases, which was to be followed until further directions.
The Notice chalked out the following direction:
- All the Counsels are requested to file fresh cases with effect from 02.05.2020, with a copy to the Respondent, for the purpose of hearing of fresh matters, through email to the Deputy Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
- The requirement for the scanning of papers in green sheets is exempted until further instructions.
- Parties/Counsels will be allowed to file pleadings on A4 size papers for the time being.
- Withdrawal of all petitions and appeals for all zones barring Delhi are to be listed
- In case of urgent hearings, the Counsel/Advocate may file the petition along with Miscellaneous for urgent hearing, as per procedural rules.
This shall be subject to further modification and instructions from the government.
Originally published 14 May, 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.