Changes were made to the legislation of Ukraine with regard to the legal protection of inventions. In particular:
- the list of objects of technologies which are not subject to legal protection has been expanded;
- the possibility of filing applications in electronic form has been provided for;
- the right to file a reasoned objection against the application within six months from the date of publication of the details of the invention application has been granted;
- the procedure for granting additional protection for the rights to inventions has been clarified;
- the list of rights and obligations of the holders of rights to inventions (utility models) has been expanded;
- the possibility to recognize the rights to inventions and utility models as invalid in the administrative procedure ("post – grant opposition") has been provided for.
New provisions aim to harmonize the national legislation with the provisions of the EU law. The scope of rights and obligations of the holders of rights to inventions/utility models has been expanded.
The Law also clarifies the procedure for granting additional protection of exclusive rights to inventions in the field of pharmaceuticals.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.