A TWP is an entry permit available to expatriates who possess special skills and are invited to Nigeria by corporate bodies to carry out short term assignments such as erection / after-sales installation work, feasibility studies, erection /installation work, repairs of machinery/equipment, research work, auditing of account and other qualifying assignments as determined by the Immigration service.
It is the responsibility of the Company or Organization desiring to hire the services of the identified expatriate to make application for TWP. TWP is valid for sixty (60) days.
This process is in two stages. The first phase in Nigeria, this is to obtain the Telegram from the Nigerian Immigration Service and the second phase from the country the applicant is applying from.
Stage one: obtaining of Telegram from the Nigerian Immigration Service
The following documents will be required to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application letter
- International and photograph passport of applicant
- Certificate of Incorporation
- CAC Form 2.1 and 2.7
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Company's profile
Telegram will be sent to the applicant's email within 2-3 days.
Stage two: processing of the TWP in the Nigerian embassy of the country the applicant is in.
An online entry visa application form should be filled (and printed), payment should also be made online(payment and acknowledgement slip should be printed).
Documents required to be physically submitted at the Nigerian Embassy:
- Passport/Travel Document with minimum of 6 months validity. Must have Two Free Leaves;
- Two recent passport sized photographs;
- Complete entry visa application form online at www.innovate1services.com once completed this must be printed out, signed and dated by applicant;
- Print payment and acknowledgement slips once online payment for the visa is completed; from www.innovate1services.com OR portal.immigration.gov.ng (Visa fee depends on the applicant's nationality);
- Dully completed form IMM22;
- Copy of Telegram from Immigration Headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria. A cablegram can only be used once and must be used within 3 months from the date it was issued. (Document obtained in stage one);
- A letter of invitation from Nigeria. This must be addressed to the Nigerian Consulate in country the applicant is applying from;
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company in Nigeria;
- Attestation letter from Company or Organization where applicant works or a letter addressed to the consulate if self-employed or unemployed;
- Photocopies of applicant's passport data page and ID copy;
- Flight reservation/ or copy of Air ticket and Hotel reservation (optional);
- Three Months Stamped bank statement of the inviting company;
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.