Date & Time: September 27, 2 p.m.
Topic: Update on EPO case law
Registration: Please click.
German and European Patent Attorney, Partner
Spanish and European Patent Attorney, Partner
IP Experts LIVE is a webinar series by BARDEHLE PAGENBERG. Our experts will provide you with insights into selected aspects of German and European IP law with a focus on practical and strategic guidance. At the end of each seminar, there will be a Q & A session.
As part of our EPO case law update series, this session will focus on the adaptation of the description – an exercise that an applicant or patentee is usually requested to complete at the EPO once an agreement on an allowable claim-set is reached. Now, this requirement has recently been challenged by the Boards of Appeal.
Mathieu de Rooij and Axel Berger will address the following aspects:
- Why is it important to pay careful attention to the adaption of the description from an infringement perspective ...
- ... and from a validity perspective?
" What is the current practice of adapting the description at the EPO?
- How is the current practice challenged by the Boards of Appeal and what are the implications?
- How should you adapt your description to maximize the scope of protection of your patent ...
- ... while minimizing the risks when faced with validity challenges?
Register for this webinar now to find answers to these questions and be prepared for the next invitation to adapt the description. We look forward to meeting you there.
Do you know someone who might also be interested in our IP
Please feel free to forward our invitation to them.