Joan McKown, a partner in Jones Day's Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will be among the participants in a panel discussion titled "Enforcement Developments in Global Capital Offerings," at PLI's "Global Capital Markets & the US Securities Laws 2021" webinar on April 7.
Capital markets are adjusting to a wide range of evolving regulatory standards that affect the way in which offerings are conducted around the world. At the same time, issuers around the world are subject to changing accounting and corporate governance standards, while market participants navigate new ground with respect to investor expectations. Issuers and market participants also face an increasingly active global enforcement environment targeting activities taking place around the world. This program will provide an update on domestic and international regulatory and market developments, bringing together practitioners and senior regulators for an in-depth look at how the U.S. securities laws work in the context of a rapidly evolving global regulatory environment.
- Securities enforcement in an increasingly global regulatory environment
- The latest developments with global regulatory efforts
- Efforts to promote capital formation through private and public offerings
- Evolving accounting, disclosure, and governance standards for issuers
- Current developments with private and public offering practices
- Ethical issues in a complex cross-border environment
In-house attorneys, outside counsel and other professionals involved in securities regulation and capital markets will benefit from this program.
For more information, and to register for the event, please visit the PLI website.