Increase in official trade mark fees
On 23 January 2020, the Tunisien Patent and Trademark Office (INNORPI) issued Decree no. 29/2020, in which it announced a 100% increase in official trade mark fees, effective as of 27 January 2020.
KEY OPPORTUNITIES & CONCERNS
- A resilient and resurgent economy based on established trade links
- The lucrative tourism sector is again per forming well
- The birthplace of the Arab Spring has reaffirmed its commitment to democratic reform
- Tunisia's neighbour Libya is a failed state and security problem
- Tunisia produces more ISIS recruits than any nation and ISIS terrorism remains a threat
- The failure of a coalition government in early 2020 several months after 2019 elections signals a nervous political scene
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.