- what is the platform economy?
- a tale of 2 business models
- can traditional businesses embrace platforms?
- strategies to enter the platform economy
- key legal issues
- digital marketing
- M&A and JV
- tax and structuring
- technology contracting and IP
- data privacy
- consumer protection
the platform economy
- "In a product business model, firms create value by developing differentiated products for specific customer needs, and they capture value by charging money for those items. In a platform business model, firms create value primarily by connecting users and third parties, and they capture value by charging fees for access to the platform. Platform models bring a shift in emphasis—from meeting specific customer needs to encouraging mass-market adoption in order to maximize the number of interactions, or from product-related sources of competitive advantage (such as product differentiation) to network-related sources of competitive advantage (the network effects of connecting many users and third parties)."
- Harvard Business Review
To see the full article click here
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.