- The government of New Zealand published information on the estimated processing times and delays for visa applications for 2022
The government of New Zealand released information on processing times and processing delays for visa applications. The government estimates the following processing times as of August 2022:
- Visitor visas: 20 days or more
- Work visa types: 19 to 39 days
- Permanent Resident visas: 77 days to five months
- Skilled Migrant visas: 36 months to 44 months?
The government stated that delays are expected due to the increased volume of applications submitted after the country reopened borders following adjustments to COVID-19 restrictions.
What are the Changes?
The government of New Zealand introduced new time estimates for the processing of immigration documents and visas. According to the government announcement, these processing times may be adjusted due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and increased processing demands of Permanent Resident Visas and the issuance of new passports.
Originally published 4 October, 2022
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.