- The Netherlands is now allowing more activities for UK national business visitors
- UK nationals may now perform more activities without a work permit, including research and analysis
- UK nationals should still limit their stay in the Netherlands to 90 days for each 180-day period
- Employers must complete posted worker notifications for UK business visitors who are posted to the Netherlands from another EU Member State
The Government of the Netherlands is now permitting more activities for UK national business visitors.
What are the Changes?
UK nationals can now perform additional activities such as scientific, technical and statistical research. They may also receive training in work techniques and practices, visit the Netherlands for establishment purposes and conduct other activities under business visitor status without obtaining a work permit.
A new government publication now permits UK nationals to conduct the following activities, which otherwise require a work permit for non-EU nationals:
- Consultations with business associates
- Scientific, technical and statistical independent research
- Supplying translator or interpreter services
- Business visits for establishment purposes
Additionally, UK nationals are now allowed to perform other specific activities without a work permit. UK national business visitors may perform market research and analysis and receive training in work practices and techniques. Business visitors can also receive orders and negotiate or conduct sales agreements for goods or services if they represent a supplier of goods or services, with some exceptions. UK nationals can also engage in commercial transactions if they are supervisory, management, or financial services personnel.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Although UK national business visitors can perform more activities as business visitors, they should still limit their duration of stay in the Netherlands to stays of up to 90 days for each 180-day period. Additionally, employers are required to complete posted worker notifications for UK business visitors who are posted to the Netherlands from another EU Member State.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.