Effective November 1st, Costa Rica will open its borders, however, the following requirements must be met upon entering:
- Travel insurance, offered by the Costa Rican National Insurance Institute, that must cover the following, as well as medical expenses generated by the illness of COVID-19:
- Medical expenses for at least 20,000 USD;
- Quarantine costs for at least 4000 USD;
- Negative test for COVID-19 taken within 48 hours before travelling to Costa Rica.
- Completing the digital form at: https://salud.go.cr.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.