Dentons' Market Insights publication, "Digital Transformation and the Digital Consumer", examines the legal implications of the online economy in Europe. It provides guidance on EU and national laws which govern online business, including data protection, e-privacy, consumer rights, intellectual property, competition and antitrust, and employment law.
While digital transformation is a top priority for many companies, they often face challenges navigating the complex legal and regulatory obligations that come along with it. In this guide, we share insights to help you avoid costly delays and compliance risks. Since digitalization is often fueled by the need to keep up with evolving customer behaviors, the digital customer is a key theme throughout.
The publication consists of an anthology of articles, each offering a unique perspective on digital transformation, to assist companies in planning or implementing their strategy:
- Catching up with the digital consumer
- Getting started – clearing the legal hurdles for your digital transformation project
- Data centers – at the heart of the European cloud and co-location market
- Engaging with evolving regulation – GDPR
- Consumer protection and online advertising
- Identifying and contracting with digital consumers
- eCommerce, the evolution of FinTech and the growth of cryptocurrencies
- Enforcing IP rights in a digital environment
- Big data and EU competition law
- The impact of digital transformation on employment law
- Artificial intelligence – the next evolution of digital transformation
Dentons is the world's first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world's largest law firm, Dentons' global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries. www.dentons.com.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.