Turkey's High Planning Council has updated the country's 2014 to 2023 National Employment Strategy by approving an action plan for the 2017 to 2019 period. The latest action plan continues its earlier approach of targeting growth in seven specified sectors.
The latest action plan continues to focus on four policy goals.
- Strengthening the relationship between education and employment.
- Providing assurance and flexibility in the labour market.
- Increasing employment of special groups.
- Strengthening the relationship between education and social protection.
The action plan includes specific employment strategies, targets and policies focused on encouraging and improving specific sectors.
- Information technology.
- Textiles and ready to wear clothing.
Please see this link for full text of the National Employment Strategy (2014-2023) and Action Plans (2017-2019), as per the High Planning Council's decision dated 4 July 2017 (only available in Turkish).
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.