Barnard Receptionist, Bonolo Revhavhu – or Bonny as her colleagues affectionately know her – is the first person that the firm's clients interact with when making contact or upon arrival at the offices. She is Barnard's face and voice, playing an extremely important role in the representation of the firm's legal professionals and support staff.
One of Bonny's greatest sources of inspiration is her former colleague, Phatheka. "She started out as a petrol attendant and now she is a director of her own law firm! She is a qualified Attorney, Notary and Conveyancer. She's taught me so much. She always says, 'Do what you can, with what you've got, and where you are – because the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'."
Barnard is a Strength-based organisation. Bonny's CliftonStrengths® are a part of what makes her an asset and valued member of the Barnard team.
- Bonny leads with the Intellection strength. She can be characterised by her sense of introspection and her great appreciation of intellectual discussions. Bonny has the keen ability to follow a trail to see where it leads.
- Her Strategic strength speaks to her ability to find alternative ways of proceeding when faced with any given scenario or challenge. Bonny has had to work hard and endure many hardships to get to where she is today. While she has wonderful mentors and examples of endurance and determination in her life, she shines among them with her ability to quickly spot patterns and issues and work towards finding a solution.
- Bonny has the Learner strength. She has a great desire to learn and wants to continuously improve. The process of learning brings her great joy. "My mother has always believed in me. She has so much wisdom and she's an 'advocate' in her own right, believing that the battle is easier when you have an education. As Madiba said, 'education is the most powerful weapon'."
- Bonny's Futuristic strength leaves her inspired by the future and what could be. She is able to energise others with her visions of the future. Bonny's courage helped her to achieve her diploma while working full-time at a busy call centre. Now, she has her sights set on becoming a conveyancing paralegal.
- The last of Bonny's top 5 strengths is the Positivity strength. Sweet Bonny has contagious enthusiasm. Her upbeat energy, sense of hospitality, acumen and sense of determination in her work is clearly evident, making her the ideal ambassador for the Barnard culture and vision. "It's a work in progress and everything I do comes from a place of love," she smiles.
When she's not pursuing her dreams or impressing Barnard clients, she enjoys solo dates just to recuperate from her daily routines, arranging picnics with family and friends or participating in church activities.
Clarissa Pinkola Estés, in her book 'Women who Run with the Wolves' – a favourite of Bonny's – implores her readers, "Go out in the woods, go out. If you don't go out in the woods nothing will ever happen and your life will never begin."
Bonny, the woods still have incredible things in store, we can't wait to see where the trail leads you. Thank you for everything you do for us!