|October 16, 2019 to November 29, 2019?
12 noon - 2pm AEST
|Locations listed below||T - +61 7 3231 2400 email@example.com|
Death benefit payments are an important part of SMSFs, and getting the money to the right hands is vital.
The last few years have seen the issues move on well past whether binding death benefit nominations are valid, with an increasing number of potential traps, including transfer balance caps, conflict issues and trustee good faith duties to derail a death benefit payment.
So how do we make sure the payment decision stands up?
In this workshop we will use examples drawn from our files so you can:
- identify and manage conflicts of interest in the death benefit payment process
- implement a death benefit payment process that cannot be successfully challenged
- deal correctly with the trusteeship of the fund
- determine which is better – binding death benefit nominations or reversionary pensions
- be aware of the trust deed provisions and how to work with them
- take steps at the planning stage to make death benefit payment decisions easier.
With increasing litigation in this area, being across these issues is more important than ever!
As this is such a hot topic, we are running this session in multiple locations.
Mackay – 16 October – Rydges Mackay Suites
Sydney – 22 October – The Grace Hotel
Sunshine Coast – 30 October – Twin Waters Golf Club
Townsville – 7 November – Rydges Southbank Townsville
Brisbane – 12 November – Cooper Grace Ward
Toowoomba – 19 November – Gips Restaurant
Rockhampton – 26 November – Empire Apartment Hotel
Cairns – 28 November – Pullman Cairns International
Gold Coast – 29 November – Southport Golf Club – 7.15 am for 7.30 am – 9.00 am