Kramer Levin sponsored the following events:
- The New York State Bar Association's Annual Celebrating Diversity in the Bar reception took place on Jan. 22. Hundreds of attorneys, judges, minority bar association members, civic leaders, educators and others from New York state and beyond come together each year for this event honoring the work and accomplishments of individuals in the legal profession who are committed to making a difference.
- DREAM's (formerly Harlem RBI) A League of Their Own, an annual event to elevate the voices of DREAM's women and to inspire a larger community of changemakers to take part in a brighter future, took place on March 13.
- The LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York Annual Dinner was held on March 15. One of the nation's first and largest bar associations of the LGBT legal community, LeGaL hosts this annual event to support the charitable and educational activities of the LeGaL Foundation. At the dinner, which draws the support of the small and large law firm community as well as corporations and individual contributors, LeGaL presents its Community Vision Awards to honor individuals or organizations with a distinguished record of service to the LGBT community, including a sustained commitment to achieving equal rights for all members of our community.
- The Apex for Youth's 26th Anniversary Inspiration Awards Gala took place on April 25 at Cipriani Wall Street. Apex for Youth recruits volunteers to be positive role models who guide and inspire youth to become confident young adults who are ready for college and give back to the community.
- City of New York Bar Association LGBT Rights Committee's 2018 Pride Reception, on June 28, honored Linda Diaz, co-director of the Lawyers for Children LGBTQ Project, and Nadia Qurashi, staff attorney at the Urban Justice Center's Peter Cicchino Youth Project.
Attorneys Alejandro Ortega and Harold Robinson participated in the LaSalle Academy Career Day on March 23.
Alejandro Ortega Harold Robinson
The firm will host Judy Banks for a discussion on mindfulness July 12. Banks will share tips on using mindfulness as a tool to help us thrive amid the overwhelming pace of life in the 21st century.
The firm will host Julissa Arce on Oct. 11 to share her experiences as a commentator, speaker, writer and best-selling author of My (Underground) American Dream.