Michael Kyprianou & Co LLC is proud to announce that our firm has retained its Tier 1 ranking for Dispute Resolution in the 2018 edition of the reputable international legal directory 'The Legal 500'.
The Legal 500 is a directory which for 29 years has been analyzing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market.
The Dispute Resolution practice area of the firm is headed by Menelaos Kyprianou, who Legal 500 describes as 'tactically sharp' and Marina Hadjisoteriou 'crafts a legal case like a spider crafts his web.' The Dispute Resolution group is described as 'top-class lawyers who are thorough and creative and recently represented several shareholders of a large producer of ammonia in a $1.4bn shareholder dispute'.
The firm has also retained Tier 2 rankings for all the other areas in which it provides services in Legal 500 rankings, as follows:
In the Banking and Finance area, Legal 500 has stated that the firm 'fields a large team that has extensive experience in complex domestic and cross-border transactions.' This department is headed by Tonia Antoniou.
In the Commercial, Corporate and M&A area, Legal 500 has described the team as 'highly responsive' and has recommended the 'prompt' Lambros Soteriou, the 'very attentive' Ioannou Solomon, and the 'very motivated' Tonia Antoniou.
in the EU and Competition area, Legal500 has stated that Menelaos Kyprianou 'pays great attention to detail and produces effective results.'
In the Employment area, Lambros Soteriou has been described as 'great at finding solutions' and Khamis Abulhawa's 'knowledge and experience of Cypriot employment law is outstanding.'
In the Intellectual Property area, mention is made of Tonia Antoniou's leadership in advising high level clients on the full range of IP matters.
In the Maritime and Admiralty area, Lambros Soteriou and Tonia Antoniou are recommended.
In the Real Estate and Construction area, Legal500 describes the team as 'absolutely brilliant'. The Head of the team Savvas Savvides is 'very approachable and knowledgeable' and Esme Papas has 'exceptional understanding of the Cypriot legal system and its potential pitfalls.'
Finally, in the Tax area, Legal 500 states that Lambros Soteriou 'has the ability to put himself into the shoes of a company director.' It also describes Tonia Antoniou as 'very responsive'.
Accordingly, Legal 500 has recommended the following people:
- Menelaos Kyprianou for Dispute Resolution (Leading Individual) / EU and Competition
- Tonia Antoniou for Banking and Finance / Commercial, Corporate and M&A / Intellectual Property / Maritime and Admiralty
- Savvas Savvides for Real Estate and Construction (Leading Individual)
- Lambros Soteriou for Commercial, Corporate and M&A / Employment / Maritime and Admiralty / Tax
- Khamis Abulhawa for Employment
- Marina Hadjisoteriou for Dispute Resolution (Next generation lawyer)
- Lorena Charalambous for Banking and Finance (Next generation lawyer)
- Ioanna Solomou for Commercial, Corporate and M&A (Next generation lawyer) / Tax
- Esme Palas for Real Estate and Construction (Next generation lawyer)
You can see the results in detail by clicking the following link: http://www.legal500.com/firms/13773/14599