The Legal Innovation Awards recognise law firms that are shaping the future of the legal profession with the work they do in the area of management
PLMJ is among the best law firms in the world according to the
second edition of "The Legal Week Innovation Awards",
organised by the prestigious specialist British publication, Legal
Week. PLMJ has been nominated alongside leading British and
American law firms including Hogan Lovells, Paul Hastings and
PLMJ is the only Portuguese law firm to have been shortlisted, with nominations in 5 categories: Business Development Innovation; PR and Communication Innovation; Client Management Innovation; Training Innovation and Human Resources Innovation.
For PLMJ managing partner Luís Pais Antunes, "These nominations are a source of great pride and an enormous motivation for our management team is, because they places among the global giants of the legal profession in the areas of management and support services. Above all, this is recognition of PLMJ's work and pioneering approach, particularly in the client service areas of human resources, training, communication and business development, and their innovative programmes, which keep up ahead of market trends."
At last year's edition, which was the first edition of these awards, PLMJ received an honourable mention in the Marketing and Business Development Innovation category.
The shortlisted projects:
- Business Development Innovation: adoption of specific tools and platforms to serve our lawyers and our clients, which are essential to optimise our services;
- Client Management Innovation: development of a strategy aimed at start-ups, "Start You Up";
- Human Resources Innovation: recognition of benefits and talent retention policies that cover a total of 380 people;
- PR and Communication Innovation: PLMJ is the Portuguese law firm that produces the best online and off-line content, based on a successful "Thought Leadership" strategy;
- Training Innovation: initiatives carried out during PLMJ's International Week, whose main objective was to create a feeling of belonging to one family, PLMJ International legal Network.
After being named Portuguese Firm of the Year by "Who's Who Legal", and after again achieving the highest rankings from Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, these nominations confirm that PLMJ is also among the world's best in the areas of management and support. PLMJ now has three management and support departments – the Support and Operations Department, the Administrative and Financial Department, and the Information Systems and Technologies Department – with a total of 110 staff.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.