Maharashtra Government has very recently revised the process of buying a stamp paper. As per the new process the buyers now need to provide complete details with respect to purchase of buying the stamp paper.
The existing procedure for buying the stamp paper was extremely simple with requirement of providing minimum information such as name and address of the person who would be executing the stamp document. If any legal entity require the stamp paper, the official/common seal of such entity was also required for obtaining stamp paper.
Following are the basic information required as per the new circular for obtaining stamp paper which would be endorsed behind the stamp paper.
Details for obtaining stamp paper for executing an Affidavits
- To whom the affidavit will be submitted;
- Purpose/Reason for making the affidavit;
- Name and address of the purchaser of Stamp Paper;
- If a third person is purchasing the Stamp Paper, his/her personal details and signature
Details for obtaining stamp paper for executing any other document
- Nature of document;
- Article number under which the document is required to be stamped under Maharashtra Stamp Act, 1956;
- Whether the document is to be registered under the (India) Registration Act, 1906
- If the document is to be registered then give details of Sub Registrar's office such as name and address;
- Brief description of the property/service;
- Consideration amount;
- Name of the parties who will be executing the document/s;
- Name and address of the purchaser of the stamp paper;
- If a third person is purchasing the Stamp Paper, his/her personal details and signature;
- Stamp duty amount;
- In case of legal entity such as company, bank, society, etc. are acquiring the stamp papers, the official/common seal of such legal entity is also required to be affixed on the stamp paper
The new process is meticulous and time consuming for a stamp paper. However, the intention of the government for bringing in this new process is to bring uniformity in the sale of stamp papers all across Maharashtra. It also limits any misuse and abuse of Stamp Paper. The new circular puts an end to unethical practices of using predated stamp paper. It also ensures that the Stamp Paper is used for the purpose they are bought for.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.