Two members of our Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group, Remi Leprévost and Lesley Mercer, have authored a Practical Law publication on rules of evidence in Canadian civil proceedings. Written in Q&A format, the publication provides an excellent overview of this important area of law, with particular attention to the following:
- Statutes and court rules governing evidentiary issues;
- Disclosure and discovery obligations;
- Burden of proof and adverse inferences;
- Hearsay, privilege claims and other principles relating to admissibility;
- Oral vs. written evidence;
- Expert witnesses;
- Video and teleconference testimony;
- Evidence obtained outside Canada;
- Letters rogatory;
- International conventions on evidence.
We are pleased to be able to make this 12-page publication, which was co-authored by Jordan Moss, available for downloading.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.