Below is the Federal Policy team's weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session.
" The House will vote to hold in contempt Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, and will also vote on raising the federal minimum wage.
" Senators will vote on four bilateral tax treaties, and continue votes on President Donald Trump's nominees for judgeships and ambassadorships.
" Big tech faces a potentially tough week on the Hill, with multiple hearings in both chambers.
- The House is in session today through Thursday. A contempt resolution targets Barr and Ross for failing to comply with Oversight Committee subpoenas regarding the 2020 census. The House agenda also includes legislation to raise the minimum wage, and reauthorization of intelligence activities.
- The House Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on competition in the tech industry, with executives from Google and other tech companies.
- The House Energy and Commerce Communications Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on wireless policy and spectrum.
- The full list of this week's House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate plans to take up tax treaties with Spain, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Japan, and also will vote on two judicial nominees and two ambassadorships.
- The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution will hold a hearing Tuesday on "Google and Censorship through Search Engines."
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing on the nomination of Acting Defense Secretary Mark Esper to lead the Pentagon.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump today is participating in his third annual Made in America product showcase.
- Trump on Tuesday will hold a Cabinet meeting.
- Later in the week, he will hold a campaign rally in North Carolina, then host Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte at the White House.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.