Pensions Round-Up UK Series
In this edition of Pensions Round-Up we look at key developments in pensions legislation, case law and regulatory guidance from October 2019 including:
- The Pensions Regulator: the publication of a press release about record-keeping and data reviews; and the latest edition of the Regulator's annual commentary and analysis on automatic enrolment.
- Department for Work and Pensions: a consultation on proposals in relation to the General Levy on occupational and personal pension schemes.
- HMRC: the publication of a pension schemes newsletter and a countdown bulletin.
- Legislation: the publication of the Pension Schemes Bill.
- Case law: a CJEU judgment about equalisation; and a High Court judgment about rectification.
- Other news: The Pensions Ombudsman's Corporate Plan 2019-2022; and the publication of The UK Stewardship Code 2020.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.