Turkey's Professional Competence Authority has published a range of Communiqués introducing and amending National Occupational Standards for a number of professions.
The Communiqués on National Occupation Standards No 2016/15, 2016/18 and The Communiqués Amending National Occupation Standards No. 2016/16 and 2016/17 were published in Official Gazette number 29898 on 24 December 2016.
In general, Occupational Standards are made up of three sections, contemplating the profile and definition of the profession as well as the method for assessment, evaluation and certification.
The Communiqués specify the working environment, equipment, and other occupational requirements such as necessary health checks and trainings (if any). The Communiqués also outline duties and obligations for members of these professions, as well as success criteria and other personal abilities, such as knowledge, skills and behavior.
The Communiqués introduce Occupation Standards for:
- Olive Oil Production Operator (Level 4)
- Regional Slimming Practitioner (Level 3)
- Skin Care Practitioner (Level 3)
- Fermented Product Production Operator (Level 4)
- Taster (Level 4)
The Communiqués also amend Occupational Standards for:
- Frame House Manufacturer (Level 3)
- Frame House Manufacturer (Level 4)
- Frame House Manufacturer (Level 5)
- Wood Floor Floorer (Level 3)
- Wood Joiner (Level 3)
- Furniture and Decoration Installer (Level 3)
- Furniture and Decoration Installer (Level 4)
- Furniture Upholsterer (Level 3)
- Furniture Upholsterer (Level 4)
- Furniture Upholsterer (Level 5)
Please see these links for full text of the Communiqués (only available in Turkish):
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.