The implementation of the compulsory CovidCheck 3G regime comes into effect on Saturday 15 January 2022 in Luxembourg. As it will be applicable to all companies come Monday 17 January, you may have a number of practical questions:
... with regard to your employees
- what are your responsibilities?
- what, how, how many times and when should the employer verify the CovidCheck certificates?
- which individuals should be verified and by whom?
- what immediate measures need to be taken?
- what happens if an employee does not have a valid certificate or refuses to come to the office?
... with regard to administrations/authorities
- what must you declare and to whom?
- what remuneration is due to an employee who does not present a CovidCheck and cannot access the company's premises?
- how to calculate social security which is due for employees placed on unpaid leave?
And so forth...
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.