At next month's Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance annual advertising law conference, Global Advertising in an Age of Crisis and Change, the first session will be, "Climate Change is a Global Crisis: How are brands, agencies, and regulators responding to the challenge of promoting new green technologies without indulging in greenwashing?"
I'll be moderating the session, which will include the following speakers from around the world:
- Daniel Haije, Hoogenraad + Haak (Netherlands)
- Kelly Harris, Harris + Co. (Canada)
- Guy Parker, Chief Executive, UK Advertising Standards Authority, and President, International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (United Kingdom)
- Mikael Segercrantz, Roschier (Finland)
- Juan Carlos Uribe, Triana Uribe + Michelsen (Colombia)
At this session, we'll look at some of the key, new types of green claims that advertisers are making, what the rules are that govern those claims, recent litigation and legislative developments, and what changes are coming.
The conference will be held on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at the Ham Yard Hotel in London. It begins with lunch at 12:30 p.m., and after the program concludes at 6:00 p.m., all attendees are invited to stay for a cocktail party.
For more information about the conference and to register, click here. For additional questions, please reach out to GALA's Executive Director, Stacy Bess, at firstname.lastname@example.org.