- The identity of the actual Settlor is hidden;
- The identity of the true beneficiaries is hidden;
- Enforced heirship rules in the country of domicile of the Settlor are circumvented;
- The trust assets are free from all taxation in Gibraltar or the Isle of Man providing
- the trust is domiciled in one or the other jurisdiction.
Valmet recommends establishing the Blind Trust in either Gibraltar or the Isle of Man, the two European offshore jurisdictions based on Common Law and most suited to the domiciliation of trusts.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.