Four partners of our national Real Estate Group have co-authored the Canadian chapter of Practical Law's 2020 Corporate Real Estate Global Guide. This publication provides an excellent overview of the current state of commercial real estate across Canada's major jurisdictions, including the following topics:
- State of the Canadian corporate real estate market
- Real estate investment: financing and structures
- Foreign ownership restrictions
- Registration of title and types of land tenure
- Typical provisions of real estate contracts
- Due diligence
- Seller's warranties
- Transaction closing processes and requirements
- Climate change and environment
- Real estate financing and lenders' remedies
- Typical lease provisions
- Planning and development controls
The authors would like to thank Stephen Holinski, Stephanie Redding, Lisa Grantham, Simone Main, Alan Stachowiak, Julie D'Avignon, Andrew Elliott, Andrew Cunningham, Philippe Kattan and Jean-Guillaume Shooner for their contribution to this Q&A.
We are pleased to be able to make this 12-page publication available for downloading.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.