What are some of the best practices to help you prepare for a board meeting so you can leverage the board's expertise and knowledge in a productive manner?
In their latest video, Torys' Emerging Companies and Venture Capital group discusses key things companies governed by the Canada Business Corporations Act will want to consider, including:
- the role of the board in positioning the company to succeed;
- who should attend board meetings and how seats should be allocated;
- when board meetings should be scheduled;
- how disagreements from directors should be handled and documented; and
- what sensitive information should be discussed during a board meeting.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.