We are counting down the days!
STEP International conference in Malta – The evolution of fiduciary services: Keeping trusts relevant for the future.
The two-day conference will be held at the Hilton Malta.
As with previous years it is not just education providing with the tools to navigate through today's challenging environments, but valuable networking opportunities.
The conference will be opened by the Hon Clyde Caruana, Minister for Finance.
Key speakers from across the continent – Malta, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Singapore, US – will cover the most sensitive issues in the fiduciary and wealth management industry:
- "Environmental, Social and Governance awareness: sustainable investing under the spotlight"
Speaker: Steve Ellul (Ministry for Environment, Energy and Enterprise, Malta).
- "Malta's experience from enhance monitoring (Grey Listing)"
Speakers: Geraldine Spiteri Lucas (Malta Business Registry, Malta), Jonathan Phyall (FIAU, Malta), Conrad Cassar Torregiani (Deloitte, Malta), Manfred Galdes (ARQ Group, Malta).
- "Preserving Family Fortunes in the global tax and estate planning environment"
Speaker: Jon Conder TEP (Stephenson Harwood LLP, UK).
- "Recent changes in trust law"
Speaker: Elspeth Talbot Rice QC TEP (XXIV Old Buildings, UK).
- "Holding crypto assets as a trustee"
Speaker: Dr. Niklas Schmidt TEP (Wolf Theiss, Austria).
- "High-Net-Worth Individuals & family opportunities for Asia region"
Speaker: Seow Chee Goh TEP (Aequitas Advisory Pte Ltd., Singapore).
- "International business: Malta/UK Opportunities"
Speakers: Paul Davidoff TEP and Louise Stoten TEP (New Quadrant Partners Limited, UK).
- "Priorities for family offices in an uncertain world"
Speaker: Carol Pepper TEP (Pepper International, US).
- "Modern families – trust and estate planning in an era of constant change. The role of the adviser to modern families"
Speaker: Charlie Tee TEP (Withers LLP, UK).
- "Personal Planning: personal affairs; trusts and letters of wishes; foundations, family offices and family charters"
Speaker: Patricia Wass TEP (Former Consultant Solicitor with Enable Law, UK).
- "Privacy/Common Reporting Standard/Exchange of Information"
Speaker: Filippo Noseda TEP (Mishcon de Reya LLP, UK)
As a part of the specialist sessions, various topics will be discussed, such as:
- Segregated cells of Maltese foundations;
- EU Directive on misuse of shell companies;
- Screening as an essential part of any robust AML/CFT;
- Pitfalls of a Trustee;
- Case studies of European succession; and
- Managing the environmental footprint.
The Conference promises to be one of the most rich, informative and interesting business events in Malta this year, and Griffiths + Associates, participating as a regular sponsor, is looking forward to meeting with its participants.
Looking for a Financial Advisor?
Griffiths + Associates is a multidisciplinary advisory firm with over twenty years of professional experience. Best described as a boutique practice our business model is characterised by high client interaction and long term mutually beneficial relationships. We provide complete solutions through a single point of contact and offer the following services:
- Business advisory
- Accounting & Audit
- Company Incorporation
- Regulated Financial Services
- Family office structuring
- Asset Risk Management