Welcome to the Investment Management Brief, our regular briefing offering an overview of the latest business issues in investment management, including analysis and comment from Pinsent Masons. In this issue we cover:
- Major changes to UK anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) regulations will begin to take effect from 10 January. Read more here.
- Brydon Review recommends UK audit reform. Read more here.
- UK's Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) issues first fine under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Read more here.
- Detailed guidance on subject access requests published. Read more here.
- Arbitration tipped to handle rise in climate-related disputes. Read more here.
- Data transfers opinion welcome but burdens could increase for business. Read more here.
- Proposed prudential treatment of cryptoassets offers certainty. Read more here.
- Stablecoin speech reveals tension between innovation and risk. Read more here.
We hope you found your update useful. We would be delighted to hear any comments you have about this publication here.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.