The Government has announced further visa extensions for some temporary workers, and their partners and dependents.
The following categories of work visas will be automatically extended by 6 months if they are due to expire from January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
- Essential skills work visa
- Work to residence visa
- Special and Skilled work visas for China, Indonesia, South Korea, Philippines and Vietnam
- Special category work visas for Japanese Interpreters and Thai Chefs
- Employer-specific work visas granted under section 61 of the Immigration Act 2009
- Fishing crew visa
- Religious worker visa
- Silver Fern practical experience visa
Partners and dependent children of eligible work visa holders will also have their visas extended.
Impacted individuals will be contacted by INZ in March 2021, confirming their visa extension. Visa extensions may also be confirmed by checking the Visa Verification Service , from March 2021.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.