Impact Links: Homeowners Insurance Affected By Wildfire Risk; KKR Global Impact Fund New Investment; World Resources Institute Agenda To Solve Food Loss; Amazon Fires Speeding Up Climate Change; 3M's Increasing Commitment To Recycling; Bill Gates On Why He Is Backing Manufacturing Companies; Nonprofit Conservation International Launches $200M Investment Fund; Accion Venture Lab Raising For Inclusive Fintech Startup Fund; Antoni Ballabriga Explains The Need For Sustainable Finance
- Insurance companies in California are choosing not to renew homeowners' policies because of wildfire risk.
- The KKR Global Impact Fund received a $225 million investment from UBS.
- A new report by the World Resources Institute lays out a global action agenda to solve the world's food loss and waste problem.
- A Harvard professor explains how the Amazon fires could speed climate change.
- 3M's chief sustainability officer reveals how the company has integrated recycling and waste prevention into the production of its products.
- Bill Gates explains why he's backing companies that change how we produce materials.
- Nonprofit Conservation International launched a $200 million investment fund focused on businesses and people growing economies while conserving natural areas.
- Accion Venture Lab, the seed-stage investment arm of nonprofit Accion, raised $23 million for a new inclusive fintech startup fund.
- Antoni Ballabriga, BBVA's Global Head of Responsible Business and Co-Chair of the Global Steering Committee for the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative explains the need for sustainable finance.
Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved