The Chancellor will deliver his Autumn Statement later today.
Read expert commentary on how changes to the UK's tax rules may affect you by the Tax team at Nabarro, together with our future colleagues from CMS and Olswang (our three firms will combine from 1 May 2017).
The announcements may include:
- possible mitigation of George Osborne's SDLT and interest relief measures targeting buy-to-let landlords;
- possible changes to entrepreneurs' relief;
- an update on the proposed restrictions to interest deductibility for companies (expected to take effect on 1 April 2017);
- reform of corporation tax losses: further details on proposals to restrict carry forward losses but extend group relief provisions;
- reform of the substantial shareholdings exemption, potentially bringing it closer in line with other participation exemption regimes;
- transfer pricing: introduction of secondary adjustments deeming excess payments to be loans at interest;
- employment termination payments: changes to treatment of PILONs and wider application of NICs;
- salary sacrifice restrictions.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.