Welcome to the Investment Management Brief, our regular briefing offering an overview of the latest business issues in investment management, including analysis and comment from Pinsent Masons.
In this issue we cover:
- Financial services equivalence regime: rules-based vs outcomes-based. Read more here.
- Asset managers advised to review governance. Read more here.
- FCA finds gaps in funds' portfolio management processes. Read more here.
- Cash products must move away from Libor by September say regulators. Read more here.
- Flexible regulation urged to support innovation. Read more here.
- Report finds limited progress on boardroom ethnic diversity. Read more here.
- Singapore updates AI use guidance in digital Davos push. Read more here.
- Regulation of digital securities evolves in the Abu Dhabi Global Market. Read more here.
- Brexit day: next phase for cross-border financial firms begins. Read more here.
- 'Time tight' to implement post-Brexit UK immigration rules. Read more here.
- Brexit sees UK diverge on EU copyright reforms. Read more here.
- Disclosing client instructions did not end confidentiality. Read more here.
- Appeal court confirms 'dominant purpose' test for legal advice privilege. Read more here.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.