At a glance...
Issues affecting all schemes
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Consultation on draft legislation and guidance imposing new climate risk-related duties on trustees of larger schemes
- AUTOMATIC ENROLMENT
- Earnings figures set for 2021/22
- PENSION SCHEMES BILL
- Update on the Bill's progress through Parliament
Issues affecting DB schemes
- 2021/22 PPF LEVY
- Finalised rules and guidance for the 2021/22 PPF levy
- GUARANTEED MINIMUM PENSIONS
- Annual GMP increase set for 2021/22
- DB FUNDING
- Interim response to the Pensions Regulator's consultation on a revised DB funding code of practice
Issues affecting DC schemes
- DC DEFAULT FUND CHARGE CAP
- Government response to its review of the default fund charge cap and standardised cost disclosure
PENSIONS REGULATOR COVID-19 GUIDANCE
Guidance on transfer requests where funds are held in a gated fund
- Action required
- Follow development and keep under review
Please click The Pensions Brief: January 2021 | Perspectives & Events | Mayer Brown here to view the full report
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe – Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2020. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.