At this year's annual Global ABS conference in Barcelona 11-13 June, Senior Advisor Sally Gilding moderated an intriguing discussion titled, 'Agents of Change? Trustee Perspectives on Hot Topics and Recent Issues'.
Sally was joined by a panel including: Catherine Stapylton, Structured Finance Transaction Management Group Head (BNY Mellon), Thomas McKay, Director, Head of Trustee (HSBC), Olufemi Oye, Head of Special Situations (Deutsche Bank), Morgan Krone, Partner (Allen & Overy LLP) and Navita Yadav, Global Head of Capital Markets (Vistra).
The panel sought to address several key industry questions:
- How does the trustee function fit in going forward?
- Do trustees exercise their discretion frequently enough?
- What are the key considerations in respect of indemnities for trustees and litigation funding?
- What is the role of the trustee in dispute resolution?
- Are there additional protections that need to be built into documents?
You can listen to the full panel discussion here.