Chapman Tripp Consultant Victoria Stace has authored New Zealand's first comprehensive securities law textbook in over 20 years.
New Zealand's securities law has developed significantly since the enactment of the Securities Act in 1978. Securities Law in New Zealand examines these developments and puts them into context.
The book covers:
- the most recent changes to the law, including the changes wrought by the new financial advisers and financial service providers regime
- the powers of the new Financial Markets Authority
- the prudential supervision for finance companies and insurers
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism legislation, and
- the Ministry of Economic Development's pending reforms of the Securities Act.
Copies are available from www.lexisnexis.co.nz/store.
The information in this article is for informative purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. Please contact Chapman Tripp for advice tailored to your situation.