On 6 December 2017, a notice concerning the call Marchi +3 has been published. The measure, introduced by the Ministry of Economic Development aims at encouraging the development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
The program, in favor of which a total funding of € 3,825,000.00 has been allocated, provides for direct support to:
- Promoting the registration of Community trademarks at EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office) and international Trademarks at WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization).
Specifically, the announcement guarantees the recovering of up to 80% of the eligible costs.
The eligible expenses include the following categories:
- Brand naming and graphics design
- Assistance for the deposit
- Clearance research
- Legal assistance for opposition procedures
- Deposit fees at EUIPO / OMPI / UIBM
The deductible expenses amount to:
- € 6,000 for each trademark application filed with EUIPO.
- € 20,000 for multiple deposits filed with EUIPO
- € 8,000, depending on the case, for each trademark registration application filed with WIPO;
- € 20,000 for multiple deposits with WIPO
Please note that, in order to submit a valid application, it is necessary to be in possession of a certified e-mail address (PEC) account.
For the purposes of eligibility, all expenses (including taxes incurred at UIBM / EUIPO / WIPO) must be incurred as from 1 June 2016 and in any case prior to the submission of the subsidy application.
The IP department of Giambone & Partners International Law Firm features experienced lawyers and professionals in the field of IP Rights specialising in Trademark consultancy and opposition before EUIPO, WIPO and ECJ.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.