On 14 July 2020, the Parliament of Ukraine adopted the Law "On state regulation of activities in the organization and conduct of gambling" (the "Law"). It is now expected to be signed by the President and be officially published then.
- provides for the lift of the previous gambling ban (effective since 2009)
- is intended to establish an open regulated gambling market in Ukraine
- covers the following gaming verticals:
/ land-based casinos
/ online casinos
/ betting (online and offline)
/ slot machines halls
/ online poker
- envisages separate gambling services license
- does not limit the number of licenses
The Law does not regulate lotteries, which are not considered as games of chance and governed by a separate law.
Originally published 15 July 2020.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.