October 21, 2021 Webinar
1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT
Under former Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Jay Clayton's leadership, the SEC focused on various areas collectively termed "good corporate hygiene." In the first of Mayer Brown's two-part Good Corporate Hygiene webinar series, we addressed policies related to trading in a company's stock, especially the use of Rule 10b5-1 trading plans and the use of such plans by insiders.
In the second of our two-part series, the topics that Mayer Brown partners, Anna Pinedo and Christina Thomas, and counsel, Laura Richman, will focus on include:
- Earnings guidance;
- Forward-looking information;
- The SEC's earnings per share enforcement initiative;
- Related person transactions (including the need for NYSE companies to review their policies in light of the recent NYSE rule change);
- Corporate governance documents;
- Risk assessments and disclosures, including with respect to cybersecurity and climate change;
- Disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting; and
- Shareholder engagement.