Seyfarth is a sponsor of the 2021 Sedona Conference on Developing Guidelines for Trade Secret Issues, taking place on June 21-22, 2021, and is taking place virtually. The conference will present for public dialogue for the first time the consensus, non-partisan publications from the Sedona Working Group 12 on Trade Secrets, including:
- WG12 Commentary on the Proper Identification of Asserted Trade Secrets in Misappropriation Lawsuits
- WG12 Commentary on The Employee Life Cycle Relating to Trade Secrets
- WG12 Commentary on Equitable Remedies in Trade Secret Litigation
- WG12 Commentary on Monetary Remedies in Trade Secret Litigation
- WG12 Commentary on Protecting Trade Secrets in Litigation About Them
- WG12 Commentary on Governance and Management of Information Security and Trade Secrets
- WG12 Commentary on Trade Secret Issues Across International Borders: Extraterritorial Reach
- WG10/12 Joint Commentary on Cross-Border Discovery in Patent Litigation and Trade Secret Litigation
The conference will also include a panel discussing additional current/future trends in trade secret law and litigation and a Judicial Roundtable.
Robert Milligan, Seyfarth partner and co-chair of the Trade Secrets, Computer Fraud & Non-Competes group, is speaking on a panel about the employee life cycle. Erik Weibust, Seyfarth partner, is speaking on the "Tailoring Remedies to the Misappropriation: Equitable Relief, Damages, or Both" panel. Robert Milligan is also on the Steering Committee for the conference.
Find more information and register on The Sedona Conference website at https://thesedonaconference.org/tsc2021tradesecrets