Schoenherr has reaffirmed its strong position as the leading M&A advisor by being ranked number one in the 2022 Mergermarket M&A league tables for Austria in terms of total deal count for the 10th year in a row. The firm was also again top ranked in the league tables for qualifying transactions in CEE, rising to second place in terms of deal count in 2022.
Based on comprehensive deal data compiled by leading business intelligence provider Mergermarket*, with 35 Austria-related deals Schoenherr advised on the highest number of qualifying M&A transactions in Austria in 2022. Schoenherr offices also advised on 43 qualifying deals in CEE, securing the second rank in the league table.
"Our practice has again maintained its top position in the Austrian M&A league tables," said Roman Perner, co-head of Schoenherr's M&A practice. "No matter the circumstances, our teams show outstanding performance and achieve exceptional results for our clients."
"Collaboration is key and our great performance in CEE is proof of excellent teamwork across all our offices," M&A co-head Alexandra Doytchinova added.
Headline M&A transactions that contributed towards the rankings in 2022 include:
- Kontron Group's IT on sale of significant parts of services business in 11 countries for EUR 400m;
- VSE listed CA Immo on the sale of its entire Romanian real estate portfolio and operations;
- HARPS Global (Singapore) on the acquisition of the medical services business from Semperit Group;
- Findologic's shareholders on exit to Nosto;
- ARZ in Austria on acquisition by Accenture;
- Chaos and its two founders on the Bulgarian aspects of its merger with Enscape;
- Enery on acquisition of Jade Power Trust's renewable energy assets in Romania;
- Ampersand Capital Partners and American Laboratory Products Company on the acquisition of GeneProof a.s.;
- WNS Global Holdings Ltd on the acquisition of Optibuy.
* Mergermarket / Global & Regional M&A Report 2022