Amid the global pandemic, 2020 witnessed the debut of new privacy laws and an explosion of privacy and data security issues arising from the switch to remote work and use of communications technologies to support that work. Winston & Strawn's Global Privacy & Data Security Practice has assembled a top 10 list of notable developments and trends that occurred over the past year relating to trade secret theft, litigation, and protection.
- California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
- California Consumerprivacy Act– "Finalization" and Enforcement
- CCPA Class Action Litigation
- GDPR Developments and Schrems II
- Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)Case Law Developments
- Facial Recognition Regulation
- IoT Regulation
- TCPA Case Law Developments
- Cybersecurity and the Growth in Ransomware
Download the full 2020 Privacy Law Year in Review here.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.