A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month's edition includes:
- Legal Feature: US-Canada Critical Mineral, EV Battery, and Semiconductor Cross-Border Supply Chain Issues. Read here.
- Client Spotlight: The US Department of Energy (DOE) selected Boston Metal for a grant to build a metals manufacturing plant in Weirton, West Virginia. This new plant will bring hundreds of advanced manufacturing jobs to a former coal community and produce the critical materials needed for the company's green steel solution, and other applications. Read here.
- Client Feature: This month, we are thrilled to feature Copernic Catalysts Copernic develops transformational chemical catalysts through computational design and high-throughput experimentation to reduce the energy use and carbon footprint of bulk chemical reactions. Read here.
- AI in the Energy Industry: Energy and Sustainability Chair Thomas R. Burton, III, Projects and Infrastructure Chair Ayaz Shaikh, and Law Clerk Manushi Desai co-authored an article in Bloomberg Law that provides a legal guide for energy companies as they transition toward using artificial intelligence. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read about the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Update: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains' (MESC) new funding opportunity announcement (FOA) to support the production of advanced batteries and battery materials, largely for use in electric vehicles, electric grid energy storage applications, or both. Read here.
- Litigation Updates: Read the latest litigation news in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Event Highlights: Don't miss this month's exciting events, including Holiday in the Hubs events and an SEIA webinar titled Spotlighting Construction Inclusion in the Solar Industry! Learn more here.
- Energy Funding Matrix: ML Strategies and Mintz have developed a matrix of federal grant, loan, and financing programs to help you leverage federal dollars in your clean and renewable energy efforts. Learn more here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Energy and Sustainability Team — Built For This Moment
At the frontlines of the energy and sustainability revolution since the start, our team was built for this moment: to advance innovation, transform infrastructure, and scale solutions integral to business success and a thriving planet.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.