In its 2021 regular and special sessions, the General Assembly made a number of changes in the statutes that affect independent schools in Connecticut. This summary provides a brief overview of some of the more significant changes, including:
- Immunizations and Religious Exemptions
- Education and Training in Exertional Heat Illness
- Emergency Action Plans for Interscholastic and Intramural Athletic Events
- Youth Coaches and Information Concerning Sexual Assault
- Age-Related Information on Employment Applications
- Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant position
- Equal Pay for Comparable Work
- ...and more
Download our 2021 Legislation Summary for Independent Schools, which also contains links to the new legislation.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.