2020 is likely to be a critical year for privacy in California, with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) now in effect and a new ballot measure underway to expand the CCPA. We will be monitoring these developments and posting related content on our CCPA website page and on our blog, AG Data Dive. To support clients as they assess compliance obligations and risk, we compiled a list of our key CCPA-related articles, alerts and blog posts. Our cybersecurity, privacy and data protection team, including our California privacy lawyers, are ready to assist should you have questions about CCPA-related issues.
- Attorney General Hearings on Proposed CCPA Regulations Highlight Continued Concerns – December, 13, 2019 (AG Data Dive)
- What Will California Privacy Law's 'Do Not Sell' Button Look Like? – November 5, 2019 (Law360)
- Issues to Consider When Evaluating Cyber Coverage in Light of the CCPA and Other State Privacy Laws – November 4, 2019 (AG Data Dive)
- A Business Guide to the Draft CCPA Regulations – October 28, 2019 (Client Alert)
- Retail Loyalty Programs Will Survive California Privacy Law – September 26, 2019 (Law360)
- Privacy Activists Pushing a New California Ballot Initiative to Adopt a More Onerous Version of the CCPA – September 25, 2019 (AG Data Dive)
- Taking Stock of CCPA Amendments and Privacy Measures Passed by the California Legislature this Session that Now Await the Governor's Consideration – September 19, 2019 (The Recorder)
- California AG Must Clarify Consumer Privacy Act Right Of Access – September 5, 2019 (Law360)
- Preemption: The Fight for the Supreme Law of the Land – June 18, 2019 (AG Data Dive)
- California Businesses Avoid Privacy Class Action Explosion – May 21, 2019 (Law360)
- California's Governor Signals Potential Threat to Businesses' Use of Consumer Data – A New Data Dividend – February 19, 2019 (Client Alert)
- The Significance to Businesses of the California Legislature's Last Minute Revisions to the 2018 California Consumer Privacy Act – December 28, 2018 (Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report)
- California Passes Landmark Consumer Privacy CCPA – What It Means for Businesses – July 9, 2018 (Client Alert)
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.