Class action suits by consumers continue to be on the rise, especially in the false advertising area. Some recent rulings, especially in districts that have not been traditional class-action hotbeds, have made them more attractive to plaintiffs. But there are still effective strategies for defending these cases.
Foley Hoag presents a webinar covering hot topics related to false advertising class actions, including:
- Subject matter of recent false advertising class actions
- Current tactics being used by plaintiff counsel to overcome obstacles to consumer class certification
- Developments in the case law relating to certification of multi-state classes and claims for injunctive relief
- Practical guidance on managing and defending consumer false advertising class actions
- Proper use of arbitration clauses to prevent class certification
- Neil Austin, Partner & Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice, Foley Hoag
- August Horvath, Partner & Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice, Foley Hoag
- John Shope, Partner, Foley Hoag
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.